WORK WITH US
JOB DESCRIPTION – MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Big Wheel Marketing is a newly-formed marketing consultancy based in the United Arab Emirates, offering World-Class services in Branding & Creative, PR & Communications and Digital Marketing Technology. We are currently seeking to recruit a positive, flexible and self-motivated Marketing Executive to join our team.
The Marketing Executive will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, servicing our clients’ needs in the areas of PR and communications, social media management and contributing to the production of offline and online content such as brochures, microsites and other advertising materials. The role also requires the successful candidate to learn additional technical and analytical skills such as simple graphic design and website maintenance, online marketing techniques such as performance marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and search engine optimization (SEO), contributing to the development of creative and branding concepts and in general to assist with the growth of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media, using tailored distribution lists and PR tools such as newswires.
- Monitoring the performance of press activity, preparing regular client reports and evaluating media coverage value.
- Monitoring news-feeds and other sources of news including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients, selection of relevant stories or pieces to be published on various media.
- Liaising with clients and the media, often via telephone and email with some face-to-face contact, building relationships and networking with colleagues, clients and the media.
- Creating and administering social media pages on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ etc., including (but not limited to):
- Posting content and stories on social media
- Monitoring to and “listening” to social media users’ responses and feedback, including responding to users when required
- Compiling simple reports on social media activity and performance on a weekly basis
- Ensuring the security and integrity of client accounts
- Creating written and / or visual content as required, either self-produced in-house or in conjunction with other team members / 3rd parties
- Administering social media campaigns such as competitions and polls
- Keeping abreast of best practice in social media, in relation to the client’s industry sector and in general
- Assisting with the production of client publications, such as in-house magazines, brochures, microsites and advertising executions.
- Contributing to the planning and execution of advertising campaigns across both traditional and online media.
- Contributing to event management as required, including organizing press conferences and promotional events, and attending and promoting client events to the media.
- Executing simple technical tasks on tools such as WordPress, Photoshop and specialist PR systems.
- Contributing to search engine optimization (SEO) in all aspects of work, including (but not limited to) specific SEO copy-writing for clients, using SEO tools such as Yoast, Google Webmaster Tools and Pingdom to optimize search engine results pages (SERP’s) and gaining an understanding of the important technical landscape subject which affect SEO.
- Effective project management, including dealing with various internal and external stakeholders, and 3rd party suppliers
- Contributing to the development of client proposals for marketing services such as undertaking research, performing competitive analysis and preparation of presentation materials.
- Taking responsibility for adhering to agreed delivery schedule for project requirements.
- Contributing to internal company development as required.
Relevant Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Having written and spoken Arabic is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, digital media, or related field.
- Familiarity with public relations and the writing and distribution of press releases
- Familiarity with the use multiple social media platforms for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Creative flair for writing, concept development and the development of marketing content.
- Technical ability related to digital marketing tools and/or willingness to learn new skills sets related to such tools.
- A strong interest in local and international media and cutting-edge media developments is a distinct advantage.
- A passion for and some knowledge of cutting-edge developments in the digital landscape is a distinct advantage.
- Degree or other 3rd level qualification in marketing or a related subject
- Detail oriented, highly organized and a keen eye for potential issues
- Good time management skills and accountable for meeting deadlines
- Bi-lingual in English and Arabia (written and spoken)
- Already located in UAE and preferably Ras Al Khaimah
About Big Wheel Marketing
Big Wheel Marketing was founded by Steven Rice, who has almost 20 years of Media and Marketing experience, covering European, Middle Eastern and North American markets. Big Wheel Marketing offers services in 3 key areas of marketing expertise:
• BRANDING AND CREATIVE – customer value proposition development, brand and consumer research, creative concepts & execution, brand guideline development, media planning & buying.
• COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS – development of key messaging and standard verbiage, writing, co-ordination and distribution of press releases, “disruptive” tactical PR campaigns, success measurement, media training for company spokespeople
• DIGITAL MARKETING TECHNOLOGY – creation of tailored digital platform, performance marketing and behavioral targeting, digital content production, customer relationship management (CRM), social media management & listening, search engine optimization (SEO).
Big Wheel Marketing is based in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates.
Please contact us, sending your CV, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 (0)52 712 1777